Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Travel Memories Tuesday: Onaero, Taranaki

I did consider whether I could include Onaero as a Travel Memory Tuesday post - after all, it is in my home province of Taranaki.

However, I haven't lived in Taranaki since 1998 and Onaero is a long way from where I grew up. So I decided it counts as a travel destination.

If you have been following my blog for a while you may member that a whole bunch of us traveled to Onaero for New Years last year - it was a blast, I love the beaches on the West Coast of New Zealand with black sand, rocks and generally weather worn look. I guess its because these are the beaches I grew up with, I do remember visiting Mount Manganui Beach and seeing white sand and thinking it was like something from TV! 

This New Years we won't be in Taranaki, instead we will be heading over to the Wairarapa to spend time in Martinborough.

I hope you all have a great New Years Eve, whatever you are doing and that 2014 is fabulous for you xoxo

7 comments:

JuanitaTortilla said...

If it excites you, the place counts as a travel destination :) It's going to be a new place for all of us, anyway!

Have a wonderful summer New Year's celebration.

P.S. You and Rich are always welcome at our "Fluffyhaus BNB" in Adelaide :)

Vix said...

Have a fabulous New Year! see you in 2014! x

one denim bird said...

From one Naki girl to another ... I sure can relate. Wild west black sand beaches do it for me too! Have a very happy new year in the "Borough". All the best for 2014 :-)

Krista said...

I had only seen black sand beaches in Hawaii and I remember thinking how surreal it was and beautiful! Have a wonderful New Years celebration!
Xxoo

Curtise said...

Sea, coastlines, rocks, beaches, they are all good, whatever they are like! Happy new year to you and Rich. xxxx

Georgia Rose said...

My boyfriend's parents live at Onaero Beach and I spend loads of time there! Their place is a huge market garden juuuust back from the beach so basically the perfect location. We had a few very rough but fun swims there over our Christmas and New Year holiday.

alicia said...

i kind of want to slather the wet black sand all over my body like a new zealand beauty treatment. i'm sure it's got crazy minerals and stuff in it, so let's go! <3 <3 <3