Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Wednesday Wardrobe Challenge: I forgot I had this!

Today's Wednesday Wardrobe Challenge was "I forgot I had this!" so for this challenge I thought I'd head straight to the mending pile. I am terrible at fixing things on my mending pile - often I'll pick up something at the op shop that I think is awesome but needs so kind of small alteration, then it will end up sitting on the mending pile for MONTHS before I actually mend it and wear it. This dress is a perfect example of that, I have had it so long I can't even remember where it is from (I know its an op shop but I have no idea which one) the only problem with it was that it was too long. It took me all of 15 minutes to shorten, I'm not sure why I didn't do that months ago. The main reason I bought the dress is because I loved the colours - I think they just work together so well, the pattern is pretty rad as well.
I decided to team the dress with BRIGHT pink tights and of course my favourite shoes, I was going to wear my suede boots today for the first time, but it was raining again as I left home, so they had to stay at home. I am beginning to think I've bought suede boots at the wrong time of year. It does seem to be raining a lot lately, a sign spring is on the way perhaps?
The dress includes a rather lovely pussy bow - I always like these, but I don't actually have many tops or dresses with them.
I was having an exceptionally bad hair day today - bleh! I am in a bit of a hair rut actually. I'm not sure what to do with it next, I do like having it mostly black with a shock of colour, but thinking maybe I could dip dye the ends some crazy colour or bleach one small part and dye it a bright colour. Then I think I'm most likely too lazy to have a wild hair colour that requires maintenance (whereas extensions require nil maintenance). First world problems right?
Tiny doughnut ring - when I first bought this ring, Rich thought it was weird that I bought the doughnut ring rather than the cupcake ring that was also being sold on the same stall. That's because I LOVE cupcakes and I don't generally don't like doughnuts (also, doughnuts aren't really a big thing in NZ). But the answer is simple, if I was wearing a cupcake ring it would make me want to go and buy cupcakes, but I don't like doughnuts, so I can look at the ring and think its cute but have no desire to eat doughnuts. It's much better for my health than the cupcake ring!

)
I had a couple of compliments at work about my outfit today - one lady in particular said she looks forward to seeing what I wear each day as my clothes are always so bright and colourful. That made me smile, and almost made me get over my bad hair day (almost).

OUTFIT DEETS:

Dress - Op shopped, I don't remember where!
Shoes - Retro Room
Tights - Equipt
Belt - Glassons
Necklace - Clothes swap
Ring - Newtown Fair
Bracelets - From Chloe

13 comments:

pastcaring said...

Compliments are always lovely, makes you realise it really is worth making the effort as people appreciate it! That is a fab frock, great colours, and the shoes and tights are perfect with it.
I am relieved to know it isn't only me who finds it hard to get round to doing what are really small quick tasks - once you bloody well get on with them, ha! xxx

Kc said...

Wow amazing dress!! I love the colours :) pretty pretty!

Kc

a-sparkley-silver-lining.blogspot.com

Vintage Bird Girl said...

That is such a cool frock....I love the colour combination & the pattern. I have bad hair days ALL the time. Either my curly hair won't curl properly, or it goes frizzy when I try to wear it straight. Oh to have a hairdresser on hand every time I leave the house! Xx

Vix said...

That is a fabulous dress, the colours are just gorgeous against your dark hair which always looks great to me!
You've just reminded me of a pile of frocks that need fixing, I must start it! xxx

cb said...

I love this outfit so much!!! Everything about is perfect! The dress looks amazing on you and i think i need to get pink tights!
Xo,cb

Mary Lou said...

oh this striped dress with your pink tights and heart shoes is fabulous darling!
kiss,mary
http://www.maryloucinnamon.com

alicia said...

bear will make it his mission to get you to love donuts when you're here. bring sweat pants.

Porcelain complexion said...

They are the most adorable shoes ever! I can see why they're your favourite.

What a great theme, discovering old treasures is wonderful xo

two squirrels said...

Oh that's such a cute wee dress, I love the fabulous colours in it. Could those shoes be anymore pretty.
Love v

Ask Erena said...

Great colors! Love link tights and those cute shoes! Would be great if you want to follow each other.
hugs from New York,
xx
Ask Erena
http://askerena.blogspot.com/

Stacey said...

I had a terrible bad hair day today too! I love your outfit though. I wish that I worked with you so I got to see your outfits every day!

wait until the sunset said...

lol I love those 'I forgot I had this' dresses!

You should totally dip-dye and brightly colour your hair!!! I reckon you would look awesome with a short pixie cut too! Do it!!! xxx

Helga! said...

I have no idea where I have been, but I LOVE this frock!! EEEEEEEEK!
Pussy bows are dear to my heart, as you well know!
XXXXXXXXXXX