Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Second Chance Fashion Sale

Thanks so much for all your suggestions in regard to what shoes to wear with maxi frock/skirts in cooler weather. I am going to be looking into some warm fabric to make some winter maxi dresses so stay tuned!

I wanted to share with you some of the things I got from the "Second Chance Fashion Sale" with the Wellington Pink Ladies this past weekend.

I got three frocks - two are pretty cool but the third its AMAZING!

Firstly the two "pretty cool" frocks -

A grey and blue wrap around dress - it looks really great on, not so great just hanging on hanger!I got this little brown office dress too - the photo isn't that great but it looks lovely on and it's made from nice thick fabric for winter.

Finally - the really AWESOME dress.....
An emerald green (just in time for St. Patrick's Day) 1960's woollen dress - it's so amazing and so warm. It cost me $40, which is a really good price for Wellington. Most of the vintage shops around town would charge at least double for a dress like this. Just look at the cute little details! I love the bows - they are adorable. But there is more! The dress isn't a dress alone, its part of a two piece set. Here's the jacket part of the outfit.I just love the furry cuffs on the coat - its just perfect! I think I'll wear it with my brown belt for added awesome.A wee label shot - because I know some folks like that kind of thing - made in NZ of course!
We have had the fire engineers at our apartment today to put in a new sprinkler system and its a totally disaster - well, the sprinkler isn't but there is dust everywhere!! Ugh - Rich is being super awesome and starting to clean it up at the moment. But I feel like we will be clearing up dust for like the next month. Tedious!

10 comments:

Vix said...

That green suit is absolutely amazing, I love it! Dying to see you in it.
I hate it when there's a layer of dust on everything, it seems to take forever to remove. x

Julia said...

Wow, what great finds - they're all stunning, will look forward to seeing them on :)

At least it's dust, not water or fire...

Kc said...

Oh that green jacket - beautiful!! I lie the 2 piece section. I've found some really cool things there in the past :)

Kc

a-sparkley-silver-lining.blogspot.com

Meghan Edge said...

Great finds! I'm pretty in love with your wrap dress!

Krista said...

I am loving the last one best too, OMG it's gonna look so cute!!!!! I bet the wrap around one looks awesome on you too! Dam dust I forget about until the sun comes out and then I can tell it really is on everything!

alicia said...

that green dress and coat are so fancy! can't wait to see how you accessorize! <3

Curtise said...

I can really see you in all 3 of these, but the vintage green suit is a total stunner!
Good buys, looking forward to seeing you in them all.
Dust... normal dust, I can live with, brick dust is another matter. Hope you get cleaned up soon. xxxxx

cb said...

HOLY MOTHER OF MARY!!!! that teal dress with the bows is AMAZING and so is that matching jacket! you are going to look like jackie o in that outfit! you have to do a fashion show so i can see it on you and live vicariously through you!
xo,
cb

Vintage Bird Girl said...

I agree...that green dress & coat are AWESOME! Love the colour & the style & everything about it!

Stacey said...

I love the grey & blue wrap dress! I bet that will look awesome on you. Mind you, that suit is also pretty damn awesome - and a really nice color too!