Sunday, March 25, 2012

Clothes Swap Post - Number two

Hello World! I hope you've all been having a great weekend, I am still sick but feeling a touch better today and hoping that I will be feeling up to going to work tomorrow - I'm sure there will be heaps to do!

As you may know, last weekend I had a clothes swap party at my house and I really had a great time - it was great to have some friends over and do some "shopping" for free. I thought I'd share what I picked up at the swap - it's a pretty awesome haul.
I picked up this "gothic lolita" style skirt - its still a wee bit small at the moment, but hopefully it won't be too long until it fits.I go this pretty corset - I've always wanted one! I'm not sure where I will wear it, but I will find somewhere!
I got a very cute green camisole style top - it has a peacock embroidered on the front, although it's a little difficult to see in this photo.
A couple of stripy tops - one slightly slouchy and one fitted and a little bit punk.
I also got another stripy cardi - its a bit of a summer top though so I guess I won't be wearing it for a while!
Here's a few other bits and pieces I got - a necklace and a scarf with Australian dot painting on it - I'm not usually a big fan of dot painting but I really love this design. I also got some printable labels for crafty type activities and also the biography of Gok Wan - I love Gok! This wee frock/skirt isn't my usual style but it's perfect for an island holiday and Rich and I are planning on going to Samoa or Vanautu later this year, so I decided to snap it up! I also picked up a couple of belts a cute blue belt and a kind of Ed Hardy style belt - I think the bottom belt is actually a hip belt, but I'll be wearing it around my waist. I also managed to pick up a couple of dresses at this swap - first up this wee vintage number. I'm not usually a fan of orange, but I thought I'd give this dress a go and see how it works out for me. I also got this wee shirt dress - the picture doesn't really do it justice - it looks much better on!Finally I got this great winter jacket - it used to belong to Ria and she called it her "Lady Gaga" jacket. It does need the zipper replaced, but it's in great condition.

I hope you've all been having a lovely weekend xoxo

13 comments:

Stacey said...

I really love that vintage dress! It looks like it would be so cute on. And that "Lady Gaga" jacket! Actually, I think everything that you got is pretty cute.

Julia said...

Wow, you did really well! I'm sure they all look amazing on you.

We're hoping to go to Samoa later this year too :)

Unknown said...

The orange dress looks like a winner - and the black skirt is goregous and will also be perfect as a petticoat! Sarah xxx

Vintage Sweetheart said...

I agree with Sarah as soon as I saw that skirt I thought petticoat! The orange number is cute too. x

Vix said...

I love that winter jacket, it looks very 1980s in a fabulous, over-the-top way. That corset would be beautiful with a maxi skirt for your exotic trip. x

his_girl_friday said...

I haven't been to a clothes swap for years. It's a shame -- they're so fun!

Curtise said...

Ooh, you did some great swapping there! I've hosted a couple of evenings like that, and been to a couple, it's a great way to recyle and have a laugh with mates at the same time.
I am liking the black Goth-y skirt and that sexy corset (they would look amazing together), the green cami is cute, and you should definitely give the orange frock a go. As with all things, it's all in the styling and making it feel like YOU.
Hope you are completely better very soon. xxxxxxxx

cb said...

i want to host a swamp at my house! the strapless dress looks so great and love the green lace slip tank top! you got so man treasures! hope you feel better soon! are you drinking chicken broth?
xo,
cb

What Sadie Did said...

Tonnes of new stuff!! Still jealous!
Glad to hear you're feeling better :)

Sadie xx
http://whatsadiedid.blogspot.com/

Helga said...

Squee!Fabulous scores,I'm especially into that pretty green cami!
POOS to this sick business!How rude of it to cramp your style!
XXXXXXXXXX

Wait Until The Sunset said...

I LOVE THAT CORSET AND SKIRT!!!
You are going to rock them babe!!!

Krista said...

OMG look all this cool stuff, you scored my dear. I love the turquoise dress and the Lolita skirt and pink corset, you will look hot in all of it! I wanna host one of these!
XOX~
Krista

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Good skills, what a great haul!