Monday, May 16, 2011

Sydney Calling!

Our trip to Sydney now is just around the corner, I'm pretty excited! My first trip out of the country since I arrived home in December. Plus I'm going to a city I've never visited before. Its going to be pretty awesome. We've made a list of places we want to visit - the list may be a little ambitious for a four day visit though!
One thing I am especially excited about on this trip is seeing a show at the SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE! Its going to be amazing! We are seeing Bat for Lashes and I can't wait for this show.

So does anyone out there have any tips for Sydney? Shopping? Eating? Things to see and do?

6 comments:

Mel Makes Pretty said...

Yay, your coming to Sydney!
Which weekend because I've always wanted to go to these markets, http://www.thefinderskeepers.com/sydney_markets.php but never had a chance to. I think you would love it.
I hope you have a great time while your here and if I think of anywhere else you should go I will let you know.
~Mel

Meghan Edge said...

Alas, being from the other side of the world, I cannot give you any advice. But I am jealous that you get to go to a show!

I wish you could come to Philadelphia and thrift with me, too. You'd have to bring an empty suitcase though. ^_~ You know, for all the stuff you'd be taking home.

cb said...

can you somehow stash me in your suit case so i can come along? i have always wanted to go to sydney! and then if i come i will get to see NZ too! killing two birds with one stone! brilliant! well i know you will have a fantastic time, sooo jealous!

xo,
cb

Trees said...

Mel - Sadly we don't arrive till June. Which kind of sucks. Because that market looks super rad!

Meg - At some time I WILL make it to Philly and we can thrift like crazy women. Maybe I'll just bring an empty suitcase:)

Cb- If you even want to come to NZ I can show you round for sure. Its pretty cheap to travel between NZ and the East Coast of Aust (Brisbane, Melbourne & Sydney).

Mel Makes Pretty said...

Oh well. If I hear of anything else interesting happening I'll let you know!

Trees said...

Let me know if you want to catch up Mel - would be great to meet you in the real world:D